Marketing & Communications Intern
Position type: Part-time, Internship
Location: New Orleans, LA
St. Roch Market is a top-ranked food hall located in a historical building in the St. Claude neighborhood of New Orleans. The Market offers a unique dining experience, with a diverse line-up of food options served by talented entrepreneurs. We’re gearing up for a big year in 2018 with the expansion of our brand into two new locations.
We’re looking for a Marketing & Communications intern for the Spring semester. This internship would be perfect for someone currently pursuing a degree in marketing, advertising, art or design.
As a Marketing & Communications Intern, a typical day might include:
- Working with the marketing team to plan and create monthly content calendars for social media channels
- Posting on social media channels and engaging with our community of followers
- Helping to coordinate and direct food photo shoots
- Assisting in the management of our website, online profiles, and listings
- Working with marketing team to produce copy/design for marketing materials
This job might be for you if…
- You communicate clearly. You’re an excellent writer, in all forms. You think in captions and headlines, and can crack out eloquent emails.
- You're creative. You love finding new ways to solve problems.
- You have an eye for design. Bonus points if you have experience in photography or graphic design. And super bonus points if you know your way around Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- You’re organized and thorough. You pay attention to the details and can keep multiple projects on track.
This is a paid, part-time internship for the spring semester (January – May). You’ll work 15 – 20 hours per week, and will be based in our space on St. Claude Ave. You will need to provide your own computer.
If this sounds like the job for you, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject:
(First and Last Name) Marketing & Communications Internship
Please include your resume, samples of your writing/design work, and a cover letter telling us why you’d be a great fit for the position.